Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Getting Started...

Like most teachers my brain is never fully "off" teaching. I am always thinking of ways to improve, change or recreate things. That is my hope for this next challenge. As I begin to think of next year, the list of all the "little" items to begin the year pile up--- I am reminded of how much energy goes into the start. EEK! We can do it! 
Here is a book log I use in my children's "APE" book (An organizational communication tool between home and school) We all know how important it is to create a connection between home/school. What I like about this book log is that it is quick, simple and reminds families that it is O.K. to read to their kids! While I have to admit, I pick my battles (not everyone consistently fills them up), it is interesting for me to see the types of engagement kids are having with books at home. Hope you can find it helpful. If you would like a copy please follow my blog & leave a comment with your email and I will send it to you! Thanks for your support. There is a lot more to come... I promise!




No comments:

Post a Comment